Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MiLah Vegetarian Restaurant

At the end of July Sam and I began our road trip from North Carolina to Massachusetts (the location of the new apartment we just moved into). Our pit stop along the way was in Philadelphia to visit my best friend (since kindergarten!) Sammy. She's also a vegan, so whenever we're together it is all about the food. Our main stop this visit was MiLah Vegetarian Restaurant, a place I had seen before while visiting but had never eaten at.

After bugging the waiter for a while about what we should order, I settled on the Vietanamese Hoagie and Sam got the seitan tacos. Sammy ordered the Mi Lah cheesesteak but asked if the mushrooms could be replaced with onions. And so we learned that the restaurant was Buddhist and didn't use any onions or garlic. Interesting stuff.
The hoagie, half eaten (Sorry! I was hungry!)
I really enjoyed my sandwich. It came with jalapeno peppers on top, but the waiter was kind enough to warn me (I'm a wimp when it comes to spiciness) and they were easy to pluck off. With the peppers off, the sandwich was still a tiny bit spicy, but in a good, flavorful way. Sammy seemed to enjoy the cheesesteak as well, but thought there were better fake cheesesteaks available in Philly (which I agree with as well - maybe it's the onions?). Sam thought the tacos were good, but just kinda tasted like normal tacos and the portion was small. Oh well.

I liked the place a lot, and would definitely go back. They have a really awesome brunch menu so I hope I can get brunch there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment