Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Govinda's Vegetarian

I can't put into words how much I love this place. It is always Sammy and my first stop when I visit. Go there now, and order a vegan Philly chicken cheesesteak. Prepare to be amazed. I tend to not be a big fan of vegan soy cheese, but I would just love to buy a huge tub of the soy cheese they use here and put it on everything I make.

It was Sam's first experience with this sandwich of wonderment. While he was eating I asked him how the sandwich was, and he said he forgot it was vegan. He proceeded to finish his sandwich and began trying to steal bites of mine.

I failed to get any pictures the cheesesteak (too hungry) but a few days later when we returned I decided to try something new and ordered the quesadillas.
so excited to eat these
close up!
They were good, but the cheesesteaks are better. Well, they kind of tasted the same as the cheesesteaks, just on a tortilla. Which isn't as good as a hoagie roll, I guess, in my book. I vote you order the cheesesteak.

Oh, this place is also awesome because they have a whole display of vegan brownies, cookies, cinnamon buns, and cakes...we got cinnamon buns and a snickdoodle cookie during this particular visit and they were both fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment